Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tipuplight.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	12496Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21inwalley.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	12497
We're looking at excellent area ice conditions for foot, ATV, and in some cases vehicle travel. LVD in general seemed to have 14-18 inches of ice with 4-6 inches of powdery snow on top. Remember, when using a full size vehicle be aware of your ice conditions, a full size truck on the ice anytime during the season is worthy of caution!

Fishing for all species seems to be fairly good right now, no "red hot" bites going on but catching everything from bluegills to walleye is pretty consistant. I can go out and pick off a walleye or two for dinner every evening on waters such as the ER Chain, Banana, and LVD.

Sucker minnows under a tip-up seem to be the ticket for walters. Set your bait 12-18 inches off bottom, around or just above weeds. Be sure to go back and check if the bait is hung in weeds after setting up your rigs, give them 15-20 minutes then gently lift your tip-ups to see if they trip. If hung in weeds, reset a bit higher or drill another hole.

For bluegills and crappies, the 12-17ft of water range seems to be giving up fish. Fish the edges of basin areas with crappie minnows or waxies on a tiny jig for both species. The gills seem to be closer to bottom than the crappies.

I'll be uploading a new RFRG instructional video to our video page. This one showcases how to build a kick-ass tip-up light simply and quickly. I've taken my previous design and greatly improved upon it. It's been working great for me! Be sure to check it out, I'll post some links to it when uploading is done.

Meanwhile... Good fishin' to everyone! Be safe out there!