www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Looking forward to 2011

Default Looking forward to 2011

We at Allen's are looking forward to another excellent fishing season in 2011. It looks like it is a long way a way, but will be here before you know it.

The ice fishing has been good to excellent at times. With many real nice walleyes being brought in. That is just the start of good things to come.

Things family wise in Chamberlain are going good. Norma's health seems to be stable. Have not been able to get rid of the cancer, but seems to be stabilized off. Dad's (Garry) health has been good. He is out hunting geese every day possible. Once in a while he kills one.

My (Mike's) family is doing well. My girls (Brooke-12, Alyssa-7, and Rebecca-5) looks to be following in their mom's footsteps. They love to be around the bowling center. They are also is very involved in dance, plays, and music. Also they play a little basketball and volleyball.

I have been bowling in a few tournaments around the state. With more to come. Also a return trip to Reno, NV this spring. Trying to win some money, but definately will have a good time.

We lost one of the best guides in the nation on Thanksgiving Day (Ken Allen). Our thoughts and prayers are with his family every day.

I hope everyone has an excellent rest of the winter and spring. Everyone Stay warm, we will see you this summer.

Mike Allen
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com

With this warm weather and wind I was just curious how far down the river from ft.thompson is open? Thanks for info

Default Open River

The River is open to just north of crow creek. Spotty fishing, so far. Some days good, some days not very good.
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com