With the thaw at the end of December and a bit of a cold front in early January made for some really nice ice conditions.

Panfish seem to be really active early morning and right before dark with a lot of nice fish being taken. Most of the bigger bluegills and sunfish are being taken near shallow green weeds, mainly 6 to 8 fow. A lot of anglers are catching many fish on plastic, so venture beyond the wax worm and try some new tatics.

Crappie bite has been outstanding so far this winter jigging plastic or using a fathead or rosy red minnows. The evening bite seems the best, but also some fish taken in the early morning.

Pike/Bass the bite seems consistant for the most parts some days really slow but the good days making up for it. There still is a lot of fish in the shallow weeds, find small pockets within those weeds and the fish wont be far away. Dont be afraid to start looking for deeper weeds to target them. Best bait seems to be bigger golden shiners and large river shiners, with an occasional guy still using smelts.

Walleyes well not many reports from fellow anglers as for walleyes, but look for sand humps with nice green cabbage weeds along the edges. I have been having good luck fishing the deep edge of the weeds, anywhere from 11 to 13 fow. Some nights the top of the humps are producing so pick apart the areas you are fishing before you check them as no good.

Please also consider catch and release or selective harvest on all the fish you catch to ensure a great fishery in the future!

I still have a good number of available ice fishing date left, but book now because they are filling fast! Most of my ice fishing is focused on walleyes, but any other species upon request.

Also remember meals, gear, and bait all supplied by the guide, and is part of my ice fishing packages.

Good Luck and Be Safe!!!