www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: survey guy

Default survey guy

has any body seen the survey guy around this year. just wondering if we are going to run into him next week when we come up, he is a pretty nice guy

nope haven't seen him yet. we were just talking about that the other day as we were waiting for the flags to go up.

The DNR isn't doing a creel survey out there this year. It was just for 2009-10 fishing season.

Question Weird Question

Why would anyone care if they're going to "run into the survey guy"?

A better question may be "I'd like some information on the latest creel survey, does anyone have any information"? or "We're looking to do something out of line with the DNR regulations, any chance I'll get caught"? I'm just saying.......

I'm sure I'll get hammered with a response from "The Don" that he'll have ample time to think about and prepare but he's pretty much asking if there's any chance the DNR will check his catch when he leaves the lake. That's a bit odd.

wise men speak when they have something to say.....
    fools speak just to say something.....

it was just a simple question

Default what was that about

not sure what the that rant was all about but thanks rgv. I was just wondering because he gave us a lot of ideas were to fish last year so good luck out there rgv and yes it was just a simple question

Default Again...

As Musky Matt said, the volunteers have moved on - they're working on Long Lake this year. Judging from the spring population survey results, it appears to be a nice place to try for eater walleyes.

http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/nor/docs/2010...Report2010.pdf

Links to the final creel survey reports for the TFF and Trude Lake are available here:

http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/nor/trtycrlsrvys.html

At some point, we should expect to see a final comprehensive report that includes management discussion and recommendations based on the population sampling and creel survey data, but I don't know how soon.

If you're interested in other lakes, start here and hunt around - be sure to check the "Other Data and Reports" link:

http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/reports/

Default That is some survey

Thanks for the link Blue. I looked at that survey and it stirs plenty of mixed emotions about the dnr and its effort in this. I still say it is tough to play god with mother nature. The estimations give me a little laugh also. I guess I am glad this is ours to share and hope everyone else agrees. Hope cabin fever isn't getting the best of everyone. Time for some good fishing time not that the ice is better!

Smile Response

RVG, I don't consider myself too wise of a man but thanks for the compliment.

The Don, that's about what I expected you to comeback with. I'm sure you're a responsible outsdoorsman but your question just seemed a bit out of the ordinary. Fact is, most of are responsible and respect the TFF. Unfortunately, there are some that abuse the resource and wouldn't those people love to know if the DNR is camped out at the boat launches recording angler's catches.

As a side note, wasn't there an incident a few years back with some over hervesting opening weekend? If anyone knows the details, feel free to share. Thanks!

Randy