www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Santa's Fishing Gifts?

Default Santa's Fishing Gifts?

Did anyone get any cool fishing stuff over the holidays??

I picked up 2 St. Croix Big Dawg blanks to get built out to 9'6" or so for the upcoming year. That's it for me.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I got a bunch of the new 5" plastic Tuff Shads. Have about one of every color and a couple duplicates now. We had about 6 of them this past season and they were a great bait for us. Chris is also making 8" baits out of molded plastic with a rattle now. I got 4 of those to try this year. I expect them to be good just like the 5"ers. I always liked all my old cedar Tuffs and was skeptical about the new plastic ones until I started catching fish on them in 2010. Now, I think I have a bunch of old cedar Tuffs that won't even get wet anymore.

A guy has tuffs listed on ebay, about $1-2 more than they cost new so I've been slowly adding to my collection when paypal monies are there. I love'em. We caught a good number of fish on them this year. I can't wait to run the 8 inchers. I'm sure they will be just as good.

Been saving towards the Bulter show so I can get all my goodies there for the season!

Nothing really for Muskie. I got a new ice suit by Strikemaster, Strikemaster Lazer power auger and a Marcum LX3 ice flasher. Maybe I'll get lucky and pull a Ski up through the hole this winter. I'm thinking live suckers for bait.

Bought these for myself as christmas presents...

Shimano stradic ci4 Model 4000

Shimano Compre Musky casting musky rod

Santa dropped off plane tickets, hotel reservations, car rental and boat rental for Marathon Key Tarpon fishing June 11th threw 18th. I must have been good.

My gift to myself... Avet SX 6/4 Raptor 2 speed conventional reel.

I plan on using it mainly for pier/nearshore fishing at the OBX, but once I get better at casting a conventional, I plan on using it for the big blades. The low gear (3.8:1) pulls the double tens so easily, yet still retrieves 24" per crank. I really like it, but it will take a bit of practice.

Pescatore's wife sound like my kinda gal! (with respect, of course)
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Pescatore,

If you can, please give an update on that trip once you get back. I had a Flyfishing trip setup for Tarpon in the Keys last Spring that I had to cancel. I still have dreams of chasin those fish on the flats there. I'm VERY tempted to set up another trip this year, but I think the Musky on the Fly is winning out right now.

Not sure if you've hit up Tarpon before. I landed a "small" one (30-40 lbs) in the Everglades on the flyrod and it was absolutely INCREDIBLE!! Thats my only experience with them so far and I cannot wait to get back after them. Damn, just thinkin about it again has my finger itchin to click the mouse button a few times and get a trip set up!!

Anyhow, I hope you guys get into em and get some to the boat. Bow to the Silver King man!!

Jay

Santa didn't bring me it but i bought myself a new to me rig for next season. A 17' Alumacraft, dual console with a full windshield and 2 honda motors, a 75hp and 9.9hp Now i'm counting the days til spring!

Some lures and a really nice print.

ARK,

Is that a jet rig or semi-V??
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

1996 deep v Alumacraft. We had one decent day after i picked it up to clean it out and play around. This is the only photo i got of it.

I recognize that boat. It's already lucky with the muskies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    I recognize that boat. It's already lucky with the muskies too.
    I'm just hoping its still got a little luck left in it.