www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report for January 2

Default Fishing Report for January 2

Sorry I haven't posted any reports in a while, I was in south Texas for the holiday, and I got back and jumped right into guiding. Last Tuesday and wednesday, guided out on LCO got a few pike and perch during the day, some were nice, and then tried to get into the walleye in the evening, tuesday, we got blanked, and wednesday we lost a walleye at the hole, and iced two more walleye a 15, and another about 17 inches. We were fishing on a weed flat with cabbage on it. we caught the fish on Frabill Tip-ups and suckers about 6 inches off the bottom. There was about 8-10 inches of ice on LCO.

Thursday went to Grindstone to try for some walleye, while setting up tip-ups we iced one walleye about 15 inches on a tip up on a small rock bar, right on the top of it in about 17 feet of water. got some perch through out the day, and then got 3 more walleye at dark one in the slot and two over 18 inches. all on the same rock bar on Frabill Tip-ups with suckers about 6 inches off the bottom. It rained all day Thursday, so it knocked the snow down on the ice, and made it really sloppy. Grindstone had about 10-12 inches of ice on it, and guys were driving trucks on it, even though a truck went through on Christmas day!!

Friday, Guided in the morning on a shallow weedy lake for bluegill and pike, we get to the lake, and didn't bring creepers because there was still some snow on the lake the night before, and the rain knocked all the snow off the ice, and it was like a skating rink out there, it sucked!! Anyways we get to the spot we wanted to fish, and find that somebody left a tip-up out on the ice, and was frozen underneath about 2 inches of ice from the rain. we fished a pocket in the weeds, after we punched a bunch of holes and used the Marcum camera to find where the gills were, and set up to fish them. We then set some tip-ups around us to thin out the pike too. We iced a bunch of bluegills, I don't know how many we kept but enough for a meal. we did ice, 5 pike I think it was, one on the frozen in tip-up, that my clients chiseled out of the ice, and it was a really nice pike, our biggest pike was about 33-34 inches long. the blugills were caught on Gill Pill's with Berkely fish fry in pink on it, and the pike were caught on Frabill Tip-ups and shiners.

Good Luck,
    Tanner Wildes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	12409   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 4.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	12410   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 5.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	12411   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 6.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	12412   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 7.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	12413  

Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com