www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing report 12-29-2010

Default Fishing report 12-29-2010

Hi everyone,

Well, the warmer temps are making it worse. The water is deeper now on top of the ice. There are some spots where it isn't real bad, but it just continues to get worse. I took a picture of one hole that the water was gushing out so fast that by the time I cleaned all the slush out, there was a good two inches of water over the hole.

I did catch fish though. The perch were back to being fairly aggressive and I wound up catching three Walleyes. I didn;t keep any Perch and kept two of the Walleyes for dinner. It is a 15" size limit lake with a bag limit of three,so my plan was to just keep throwing the third Walleye back so I could keep fishing. Two are enough for a good fish fry.

The Walleyes were decent, 161/2" and 19". the third one I didn't measure. Just released it quick so I could keep on fishing. Didn't catch any more, but lost one at the hole and had several more big marks come in that wouldn't commit. Caught one Walleye on the jig pole with a jiggin rap and waxxie. The other Walleyes came on the tipup baited with a sucker minnow. All tipup fish came from the same hole. The Perch were all on the small side. Maybe one would've been a keeper, but I threw her back.

It was a sunny day with a fairly strong south wind. The Perch bit well untill dark, than the Walleyes took over. The temp was in the high thirties and never dropped below freezing. The water on the ice will be even worse today. I'm going back to the same lake and spot as yesterday. I should bring swim fins!

If you want to know the name of this lake or any lake I happen to fish in Vilas county, email me.

Walleyemaxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Water 2 inches above just drilled hole.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	12380   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tipup, hole cover, snow bank on windy side and marker stick.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	12381   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16 and 19 inch Walleyes .jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	12382   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 for the pan.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	12383  
    Tom Christianson
    Professional Fishing Guide

Author The Walleyemaxx Systemhttp://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php.
    Web Site: http://www.walleyemaxx.com/
    E-Mail: walleyemaxx@yahoo.com
    Cell Phone: 715-617-0894
    Land line 715-945-2138-Radisson
    Tackle manufacture "American Traditions Fishing Tackle CO.LLC.www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com.

Looks like a good time. Nice walleyes.

Went fishing here in NW Indiana today. It was 45 degrees this afternoon. Talk about slush. I had just the opposite problem, water was running down the holes so fast at some places the holes kept getting bigger. Caught 8 bass (15"-16.5") and 6 gills, released everything. I think I'll have to stay off the lakes for a few days. Tomorrrow is supposed to be 50 degrees. Oh well, next week it is back to work, so only fishing on saturdays.

Al

Nice walleyes!

Fished here in SE Wisconsin the last 2 days with my brother Steve. On Wednesday we fished Wind Lake and caught about 30 perch, unfortunately all were 4"-7"ers. I had one flag but missed it.

Thursday was a little better. We were on Little Muskego from 1:30-4:30 in the afternoon and caught 16 bluegills and went 2 for 3 on tipups, landing 2 pike around 18". Not much for size but still fun to have a few flags popping.

Default Report for 12-30-2010

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reports DWW and ALVW. Yesterday I went to the same spot I had been fishing and caught very little. I marked fewer fish on the vex and only got one little Perch to hit. Then caught one small Walleye jigging. Only had one flag and missed him. He pulled out about two feet of line then dropped it. I was jigging the same as I did the previous two days, the fish were not as active today.

It rained very hard the whole time I was fishing. Temps were mid to high 30's and an absolute cloud burst. My portable ice shack is not water proof so I got soaked. Today the weather is going to be strange brew. It is 32 degrees this A.M. and that is the high for today. It's going to cool down all day to a low of 9 above with freezing rain to start with a blanket of snow later. The high for tommorow is going to be 10 above with below zero tonight. Sounds just wonderfull. I quess I'll be staying home for the new year. Doesn't look like the weather will straighten out till sunday. I'll wait till then.

Happy new year everyone. Look for my Jan. tip of the month to be posted tonight.

Walleyemaxx
    Tom Christianson
    Professional Fishing Guide

Author The Walleyemaxx Systemhttp://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php.
    Web Site: http://www.walleyemaxx.com/
    E-Mail: walleyemaxx@yahoo.com
    Cell Phone: 715-617-0894
    Land line 715-945-2138-Radisson
    Tackle manufacture "American Traditions Fishing Tackle CO.LLC.www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com.