www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sportsman Landing

Default Fishermans Landing question

I am hoping to try my luck between Christmas and New Years with my kids. I have only fished here in the summer. I do not have an ATV or sled (just a minivan) so I am wondering if the road to Fishermans Landing is usually plowed and if some room for parking is plowed as well. I planned to walk out from there (unless someone else has a better suggestion.) Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Last edited by Bobber Down; 12-22-2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: oops, got my landing names mixed up

I did exactly that last year and plan to do the same this year with my son. The road and parking lot was always plowed. We were going to go to Trude but found that was not plowed so we went out from Fishermans Landing several times. There are quite a few choices on where to set up but it is a haul on foot. The biggest problem is the vehicle traffic off the landing. We walked as far as the islands straight out and a little left. We also tried straight left a couple of times. Never tried to go right into the big flat but a couple of guys told me they caught a few nice eyes over there. We will also be up that week but I broke down and bought a used atv a couple of months ago. We will be in a black portable 2man shanty with a 1990s Kawi 400 parked outside if you want to stop and say hi. Just look for the loser cruzer silver honda in the parking lot!
    Jay

I'll be there Tuesday with a clam flip over and 3 kids. Hope to maybe see you.

Default Hey Jay!

Hope you get on to the fish faster this year! I haven't been out yet because of all the slush. Let me know when you get up here. Hopefully I will be around.

With your advice last year we should be good! We can go on Tuesday afternoon. Hopefully we can get bobber down on them as well. If either of you want to hook up anytime next week give me a call. 608-921-9748. Hope things are going good for you Ira. Have a merry Christmas all.

Default anything going on?

how did you guys do? coming up in 2 weeks and wondering about the fish action.

A couple of eyes Tuesday night. Pretty slow. Lots of rain beat up the ice so we fished a different lake yesterday. The rain will help the ice and should improve the fishing. Let us know how you do. Good luck!
    Jay