Generally speaking we have around 6in of good, clear ice areawide. That number will vary depending on the lake you choose to fish. Once again, our latest snowfall won't help the formation of ice any and will probably push more water up under the new snow cover. It makes it a bear getting around some areas!

I've been fishing crappies this past week, no walleye. I'm just using the basic #6 short shank hook and minnow/bobber presentation for the most part and doing ok with it. Using tip-downs is always an added presentation for me. I've also messed with a little spring-bobber pole, tiny jig, and waxie presentation just for the heck of it. My best results have been with the minnows however.

The bite hasn't been "hot", but put your time in, drill some holes, and you'll get fish from basin areas of our smaller lakes. I'm still getting a fish or two from a hole then moving on. Haven't found a consistant bite in one particular spot... yet.

Be safe out there, I'd still be a bit leery of ice in some areas. Use your safety gear and be smart. Read that as "I wouldn't drive a truck out there yet".
Good fishin' to all!