www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: RFRG Lonestar Chapter Update - 01/17/11

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default RFRG Lonestar Chapter Update - 01/17/11

Well, we finally made it out on our guided trip on Saturday and did pretty good. We caught about 20, mostly Blue Cats but a few Channel Cats mixed in. With the weather we've been having, it's really had the fish confused, so I'm considering 20 or so fish a great success!!! We didn't find any of the monsters we were hoping for, but we did have nothing but quality fish and now have about 20 or so pounds of fillets in the freezer. Below is the big fish of the day, we had another 2 or 3 that looked like twins (triplets) of this one though.

The main focus of the trip was educational. I picked the brain of our guide the whole time we were out, in hopes that I can become a more consistent fisherman when I'm out on my own. I think it will be mission accomplished.

From now until April/May, the big cats will be on the prowl, so I'm hoping of posting more updates with some pictures of some BIG fish soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Biggest.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	12495  

Oh, yeah... The big fish were a little over 11 pounds. Keep in mind, the model in the picture (my brother) is about 250-260lbs.

Jeremy:

Good job on the guide and picking his brain... Stay in touch with him, pass along your info, especially if you are doing well and see what type of relationship starts develops!!! Looking forward to BIG KITTIE pictures!!!

Mark