www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice conditions just went bad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I saw two sleds come up the flowage on Sunday. They went past The Hideaway. I stayed off the ice because of all of the slush.

That does not look like good conditions for a 10k lb clubhouse. Maybe next year?

Default It will be a few weeks

As for travel, it would not be advised. With all the weight of the snow on top of the thin ice, it will cause the ice below to weaken. The ice sinks below the water and the heavy snow act as a insulator. Making the ice very dangerous, with thick under layer of slush. We had the same conditions last year. Gus and I went out after two weeks of the heavy snow on the ice (and lots of cold weather). Where there was six to eight inches of ice there was three to five at the best. It made you think, that this isn't good idea. Also with the large drifts, you won't be able to go very fast.

Is -18 for the last two dazes, but that sill won't make it freeze up. What we need is warm weather to melt the snow and start over.

Have a Merry Christmas,
    The Tiny Fisherman...<*){{{{><

Maybe a good dec.rain storm is the ticket.Good call on the warmer weather Tiny.Start all over.