www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice Fishing is Here

Default Ice Fishing is Here

Winter has come in force the past few days. We got 5 inches of snow Thursday and today we are supposed to get 9 to 12 more inches of the white stuff. Most lakes have 2 to 6 inches of ice on them. The heavy snow might be bad for the ice getting thicker unless we get some extreme cold temps which they are predicting.

Some reports of walleyes being caught on the Eagle Chain, Thunder Lake and Muskellunge Lake. Tip ups with medium shiners in 5 to 8 feet seems to be the mark. Some northern action is happening also.

We have all the live bait you may need here at Guides Choice Pro Shop. So if you are coming up fishing over the holidays, we have the bait and the fishing information you need.
    If you are not coming up, we'll see you at the Tri-Esox Musky Show at Harper College in January.

Merry Christmas

"Ranger" Rick
    "Ranger" Rick Krueger
    Guide's Choice Pro Shop
    Web Site: http://www.guideschoiceproshop.com

Default Ice conditions

Hi Rick, How is the ice coming along up there? I think we had about 18 inches last year before new years... a little nervous about safety with talks of 2-6 inches.

Thanks!

Sorry we missed you this past weekend Rick. We had a slight change of plans, and a later work related departure. The fishing was a little slower than usual, and quite slushy. Here is a photo of one I caught on saturday afternoon, on an HT medium light slab stopper jigging rod. Merry Christmas to you and the family. See you soon.......Halbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38 inch pike  3.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	12341  

I'm not trying to scare anyone off, but ice conditions where we fished this last weekend were not as good as this time last year. There is about 10 in. of powder snow, insulating about 2 in. of slush, then 4 - 8 in. of good ice. We went out on foot, and I spudded the areas very frequently, before I brought the rest of the group out. We fished lakes in northern Onieda co., and southern Vilas co. . I still would not bring a machine out just anywhere yet. Safety is the name of the game, good luck to all, and have a Merry Christmas !