www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fish Crib Locations

Default Fish Crib Locations

Does anyone know if the DNR has a map of the locations of the fish cribs on the Flowage? Would be interesting to see if they can be found and fished. Thanks

Default No, they won't give that information out.

Hey, you guys got your little club house out?

Had four to six inches of ice out front of our place. Caught a few small eyes and snakes.

Suppose you've cleaned out Sportsmans Landing?

See ya out there,
    The Tiny Fisherman...<*){{{{><

From what I know of it, the DNR will be able to give you general locations.. (W side of long island, townline basin, mud lake, etc) but they don't, as far as to my knowledge, record or have gps coords..

The BEST way to get coordinates is to volunteer for crib construction in February.

Default That won't do you much good...

Not that it isn't a great project to help out with. But they build the cribs along a shoreline and tie them up, then after the ice melts in spring they tow them out to their final locations and sink them. So unless you want to drill a lot of holes, the only real option is to mark them on your GPS in summer - you could take your portable out in the boat or transfer the coordinates manually or via software.

The little club house is gonna need to go on a diet if all this snow stays on the flowage. Hopefully it is blowing off? Ice can't be thick enought yet to support a foot of snow.

The landing was a temp deal till we could move it. But it hasn't worked out the past few years. May stay on shore if the traveling isn't easy enough. No slush and minimal snow. Wait and see I guess.

We will be out there though one way or another. Will see you I'm sure.

Good catch, bill. As you can tell I have not participated in the crib construction yet or I would have known that hehe

I assumed they left the cribs out on the ice for them to fall in during the melt.