www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Shelbyville Trip Dec 18-19

Smile Shelbyville Trip Dec 18-19

Home of the Illinois Record Musky

Ever wanted to catch a musky in December? That's my goal as I set out for the Shelbyville Spillway!

Keith Cortopassi and I will be leaving Friday afternoon, and staying at the Spillway motel the 17-18, leaving Sunday early afternoon.

Anyone who is interested, e-mail me and I'll send you the specifics.

Mike
    muskellunged@yahoo.com

Sounds interesting! Maybe!

Talking Spigots or BUST

John,
    You and Romas(wish him happy-birthday) should come down. The pah-tey-en should be mighty epic considering it's both our birthday's that week- mine on Saturday. Nevertheless I will be up at the crack securing optimal positioning at the spillway. depending on the flow. I guess they alternate or something.

Anyone who's fished it and wants to drop some advice, I welcome! If we catch some nice skis it's going to be an awesome weekend. We'll probably bring the charcoal mini grill out with us fishing.

The bars and resteraunt in Shelbyville are all right. If we are so inclined we may go for a midnight cow tip. When in Rome.....
    A lake Shelbyville water level report is available here.

ILLrecord muskyarticle

We're staying at either the Spillway Motel(close to the fishing) or the Shelby Inn(close to the bars).

And you probably thought I was kidding!!

Sounds like a good time! Hmmm.....
    Love your diagrams!

Cool

Jason, we are looking for a getaway driver.......lol

Cool

http://www.heartlandoutdoors.com/ind...illway_action/

We should be in good shape I'd guess.

Just be careful and watch your reels very close. Not getting up above freezing much with lows in the teens. Your line is going to freeze and depending on your line, you will ice up your levelwind and guides. If you don't keep the reel free of ice, you will get a guarenteed break in your levelwind. Pleanty of other stuff to freeze up inside the reels too. I went through 7 reels in one day a few years ago out in indiana. Good luck though, try the mexican restuarant in town, food is "ok" but the margaritas are very good.

Smile

Thank you Todd. Might have to bring a combo reeled with heavy mono- that would help, yeah?

In your experience has spraying your braided line with an oil based cooking spray reduced the freeze any?

Thanks on the Mah-gah-rita tip, the second and third are even better than the 1st!

You can try cooking spray but it seems when the temps get below 25 keeping things from freezing up are futile. Alot of snags where you are going so mono may lose you a few more baits. They have 64oz margaritas two of them? If the sit and sip bar has a band that place can be fun too.

I personally like the bartenders at the Spigot!