www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Let's hear the snowfall totals.

Default Let's hear the snowfall totals.

After plowing for 2.5 hours last nite then getting another foot and then plowing for 2 hours this morning, it still snowing. No school again here in Warren and my school (Falconer NY) cancelled for the first time in several years.

I currently have approximately 26-28 inches in my yard and still coming down. Buffalo and Erie have ridiculous totals thus far.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I have around 36 ish that i have snowblown (if you add up all 5 times i have snowblown in the past few days). now in my yard it is getting packed down from the weight of the snow. I would say my yard is about the same 26-28

Bradford is getting hammered too but it's petering out before it comes up the hill to Jewett. We've got over a foot but not the totals your reporting.

I'm jealous.......I'm ready to ride! Kids rode around the yard last night.

Ground isn't frozen yet which is important.

We're up to about 2 inches down here... Wow!
    This may sound weird, but if it's gonna be this damn cold, I would rather have some snow to go with it. It makes everything look so clean.
    I'm sure if you could, I would probably get pelted with snowballs about now.

The upside is that I won't have to shovel much off the boat launch this weekend.

If we end up fishing this weekend, I really dread clearing the launch cuz PennDot has been plowing that road for 3 days now....might have to sneak the ATV down there for a quickie.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Couple flakes out east. Nothing lasting more than a few minutes. School is still in session.

7 or so here in the borough. Wish it was 2 feet. I love fishing out there in that stuff. Good time to take some great pics too.

I think we got about three inches here in DuBois. It didn't get here until Wednesday night. We were supposed to get anywhere from 7-15 inches prior to that but only had a dusting. Ya'll can keep it!

That is enough snow for now! My part-time job as a fishing guide has been taken over by snow plowing.

It is still hard to believe we are only in mid-December.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Checking out the 10-day forecast a few minutes ago.........I was surprised to see that we are getting snow for the next 10 days.

What really fries my arse, is I get my driveway plowed and clear out around the mailboxes after work.....everything looks great. We get 3-5 more inches and while I am at school, the plow truck drives by and piles the snow in front of my mailbox again so when my mail carrier comes by, she deposits a note in my box saying the snow is not cleared enough to drop off my mail even before I return from work. What the heck am I suppose to do?

This is getting real old real fast.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Move to North Carolina and start guiding for Tuna and Wahoo. I'll work the first mate job for tips! Haha.

That does not sound bad at the moment!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

I don't normally have much to add to the conversation, but this one has me thinking. "She deposits a note in my my box saying the snow is not cleared enough to drop off my mail." The difference between delivering a note and a stack of mail would be?

Red,

Sorry, I am LMAO about the plow trucks because I can definitely relate. I lived in Northern New York (right near the Quebec border) for about 4yrs. I lived on a little side road right off a "main" road. Those plows would hit the main road, turn off onto mine and deposit it in my driveway multiple times during the day. I would have to shovel my ass out of the driveway in the morning and back into the driveway when I got home from work. Wake up the next day and do it all over again.

It really sucked when that stuff started turning into nothing but huge chunks of ice!! I swear I could hear the plow truck drivers laughing every time they made that turn onto my road!! LMAO I can laugh about it now, but let me tell you, there were a few days in there when I stood at the end of my driveway waiting for them so I could have a little "chat" with them.

Jay,

I was in your neck of the woods yesterday watching the PSU/OSU wrestling match and we stopped at a friend's house off of Rt. 505.......It was nice to actually see the green grass in his yard!!

Wideglide,

Good point!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Oh yeah, if I'm not mistaken, sounds like PSU took it to OSU in the match. We haven't had much snow so far around here, at least not in the valleys. What we did have seemed to get blown away by that wicked wind we had for a few days. I'm sure Mother Nature will make up for it along the way. LOL

Yea, PSU hammered them pretty good. We were planning on going to the PSU/Iowa match on Jan. 30th but they sold out yesterday so now we are scrambling/making phone calls and cashing in any and all favors trying to get tickets.

If you happen to have any "leads" for me, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

I'll definitely do some askin around and see what I can find out. How many tickets are you lookin for?

4 would be fantastic but 3 is the bare minimum.

Thanks man!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

No problem, I'll keep you posted. And don't be afraid to remind me periodically if I don't mention anything. This Musky addiction has turned me into a one track mind kind of person nowadays!! LOL

Red,

Unfortunately, no-one i've checked with around here has been able to come up with any connection for tickets. I talked with a buddy today who mentioned that they should be selling Standing Room Only tickets soon. He mentioned that it should be listed on the local paper website (centredaily.com). Not sure if that might work for you or not, but it might be worth checkin into. I don't really know anything about that side of it. Good luck man!

Jay

Standing room only tix will go on sale in a few days but that does not interest me whatsoever. I will just hang here and watch it on the Big Ten Network.

Thanks for trying to help.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress