www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice fishing 12-4,5 2010

Default Ice fishing 12-4,5 2010

Hi everyone,

Finally got out on the hard water this weekend. Used my 6 wheeler to travel down the lake, but stayed close to shore. The ice isn't thick enough over the deep water yet. It was a good 5" of solid ice where I fished, but thinner the farther out I went. It snowed the whole time I was out on Sunday, so that will delay the ice from thickening up. With the amount of snow we got, It'll be time to get the snowmobile out.

The fishing started out with lots of sniffers on both days, but after I figured out the technique for the day, I wound up catching a lot of Perch and Walleyes. All were released. The two baits that worked well for me was a small jigging Rap and a small spoon. I tipped each with Waxworms, even for the Walleyes. Had to use two Waxxies, they would just sit and stare at one. I had two tippups out the whole time too and didn;t catch a fish on them. had a flag each day, but missed them. Used Golden Shinners on the tippups.

Good luck to all who go out and be carefull. This snow can change the ice condtions quickly.

Walleyemaxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Where's that hole.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	12267   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st ice Walleye of the season.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	12268   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beats walking.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	12269   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	They were jumping out of the hole.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	12270  
    Tom Christianson
    Professional Fishing Guide

Author The Walleyemaxx Systemhttp://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php.
    Web Site: http://www.walleyemaxx.com/
    E-Mail: walleyemaxx@yahoo.com
    Cell Phone: 715-617-0894
    Land line 715-945-2138-Radisson
    Tackle manufacture "American Traditions Fishing Tackle CO.LLC.www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com.