www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Questions for Gizmo's Geek Week?

Default Questions for Gizmo's Geek Week?

This coming Sunday we have dubbed as "Gizmo's Geek Week" on the RFRG radio show. I asked "One T" Mat to come up with a rundown on some of the newer electronics available for ice fishing. One thing lead to another and Muskie Matt threw out there the idea of dedicating a good chunk of the show to talking about all the new toys out there for us to drool over. I'm sure the topic of augers, vehicles, tip-ups, rods, lures, etc. will all come up at some point. If you've got a question on some of this stuff or have some new gizmo that you've heard about or seen. Give us a call Sunday (715) 479-7574 during showtime or send an e-mail to rfrgradio@gmail.com anytime this week or during the show. Should be fun.

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

I love it!

Here's ya one... For us 'part-time' musky hunters, who fish for them once or twice a year and rent a boat (pontoon or otherwise) to fish from, say like us Chiggers for example, what gizmo's should we have on hand? Other than a musky rod and reel..

What net?

Portable Fish Finder?

What brands.. What's easy to install.. Those sorts of things...

Wondering how long it will take for Vexilar or Aqua-Vu(or competitors) to combine their products and come up with an all-in-one, depth finder/flasher & underwater camera? Just a novel idea, so we don't have as much to tote around on the ice.
    Wind Drift Resort
    on beautiful Lac Vieux Desert
    Web Site: http://www.winddriftresort.com
    E-Mail: info@winddriftresort.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Chigger View Post
    I love it!

Here's ya one... For us 'part-time' musky hunters, who fish for them once or twice a year and rent a boat (pontoon or otherwise) to fish from, say like us Chiggers for example, what gizmo's should we have on hand? Other than a musky rod and reel..

What net?

Portable Fish Finder?

What brands.. What's easy to install.. Those sorts of things...
    Sid - After my netting "fiasco" last summer, I went out and bought the BIGGEST net (supposedly tangle-free) Rollie and Helen's had, along with a top-of-the-line set of hook cutters! The net seemed like overkill, until I saw the one Mat Hegy had (it was one size bigger!)

We were actually planning of focusing on ice fishing gear but no problem to talk some musky stuff too.

www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Has anyone tried the new MarCum LXi Hand Held Ice Fishing Depthfinder
    that shoots through the ice to give you a depth reading? Sounds like a great idea to save tme and effort when you are trying to pin point structure.. http://outdoorprostore.com/marcum-so...thfinders.html

Will a regular locator transducer shoot through the ice to give you an accurate reading?

Jim L:

You can absolutely shoot through with your regular sonar... You may need to carry some water to place the transducer on... Once the ice starts to get more snow on it and in the upper portion of the ice, readings will get to the point to where they are difficult to read.

Mark

Here's a photo of the Hodag Hardwater tipdown we talked about on the show last week. I'm just now checking to see about the availability of these units. His website is a little unclear on whether he has them for sale or not. I'll report back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hodag Hardwater Tipdown.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	12306  

www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142