Ice out on the river is spooky to say the least after all the wind we had this weekend. Ice has changed alot in the last week, between the wind currnet and the few days of warm weather. No snow and some large cracks out there now. I've put the snow machine away and have been walking out to be safe.
As for the report, Getting about 10-20 walleyes a night/morning for about the last two weeks now. Jigging has been the key lately, with fish coming from 4-16ft depending on the time of day. In low light or cloudy conditions hit the shallower stuff, sun and mid day head a little deeper.

With the cold weather we've been having. I've been setting up my Clam Thermal Nanook Fish trap (warmest flip-over I've ever owned) with the leave the heat going and hole hop outside of your shack.
As for jigs, buckshot rattles and jigging raps have been good. If you are seeing lots of fish on the Vexliar but they are not biting, change up colors and see if that makes a differents.
Walleyes season here on the St. Louis closes March 1, so there's not much time left.

Pete Brzezinski
Northland Ice Adventures
(715) 574-1813