www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2011

Default 2011

When is the 2011 schedule Going to be released.
    Nick N.

here it is:

Kinkaid 3-12 / 3-13
    Spring Lake North 3-26
    Fox Chain 5-15/16
    Shelbyville 10-01/02
    McMaster 10/15
    *Fox Chain 11-5/6
    *state championship

Are you sure about McMaster Its Only 142 acres

Smile

We'll put a max on the boats out there, I'm sure. How many do you think we should set it at? If we field 20 boats, I think it's a success compared to recent years at Evergreen.

Part of the reason McMaster was selected was to reach out to a part of the state that might not yet have the IMTT on their radar. The other factor was the lakes recent reputation. I also think this could open the door to try a new lake here and there in the future, who knows? Part of our mission is to promote the Illinois musky fishery. Judging on the size of the fish photos I've been seeing from McMaster, it's time its got it's due!

Your opinions and input is important to the IMTT. Please take time and e-mail our President, Howard Chambliss with your thoughts on the schedule. We are here to listen to the IMTT anglers, and your opinion matters!!

Howard's e-mail: hdpada@aol.com

a tournament on mcmaster is not a bad idea, but its not the greatest either. 25 boats would be a lot... especially for that weekend, since it will be (or should be) the last weekend to fish the lake for the year. just throwing that out there.

Lightbulb

Brandyn,
    I appreciate your comments. Feedback like this is crucial to our success. We'll ponder the possibilities over the next month. Tri Esox weekend (Jan.13)we'll have handouts with our schedule printed on it. As of today there the plan is SnakeDen(mcmaster)Hollow. One thing is for sure is we don't want to get snake-bit!

Let's hear from more people- is McMaster feasible given it's size (160 acres)?
    Is there another option in Central Illinois that YOU personally would prefer? I hear Prairie is a bit bigger and has a decent pop. of nice musky. I'm just throwing that out there. Who knows.

I'm sure that no matter what happens that the IMTT will do what makes the majority of the IMTT anglers happy. We want to provide the best tournament experience to the IMTT member. Give us feedback and we'll give your thoughts serious discussion. If you don't want to post publicly-all of the 2011 board's email addresses are on the Contact Us tab. Reach out to one, and we'll address your concerns.
    Last edited by muskellunged; 12-23-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Default 2011

I thought the whole idea of the IMTT was to grow. You guys have cut the amount of Tournaments down to 5 And a Championship which is fine. But having 2 of them Tournaments on lakes with HP limits And Boat Limits and very small lakes. In a trail where you need points. don't make any sense.
    just my 2 cents
    Nick N.

Red face

I thought the whole idea of the IMTT was to grow. You guys have cut the amount of Tournaments down to 5 And a Championship which is fine. But having 2 of them Tournaments on lakes with HP limits And Boat Limits and very small lakes. In a trail where you need points. don't make any sense.
    just my 2 cents
    Nick N.

Nick,
    All the club tournaments (2 Shawnee, 2 Shelbyville, and 2 F.R.V)count for trail points also- (provided you are a paid IMTT member prior to tourney). Added to the 6 IMTT events, that's 12 tourneys to fish. I hope you'll keep an open mind when we try something different- hopefully it turns out as we hope/d. As a former Trail Champion and IMTT board member, your words carry some added weight. Please continue to let us know what we can do better- before, during, and after the 2011 Trail season.

Merry Xmas everyone & may your stocking be stuffed with goodies!!

Mike Witowski
    Last edited by muskellunged; 12-23-2010 at 11:45 AM.

Default 2011

I'm Sorry i was told you guys were not going to use points from club Tournaments anymore. Instead going on your own for 2011. My mistake. Also for 2012 think about having a Tournament North of the Findlay bridge on Lake Shelbyville nobody fishes there because all the tournament end at Findlay bridge. Brand new Water. or at least open the whole lake up since it is witness Tournaments.
    Nick N.