www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving

Default Happy Thanksgiving

I know it's a couple days early but some of you may be on the road soon and not get this. Among a lot of other things I'm thankful for all the great folks Matt and I have met through RFRG Outdoors. It's really gratifying for a couple of galoots such as ourselves to have such enthusiastic friends and supporters. Have a great turkey day and be careful out there in your travels.

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Pete, what's a galoot? I know what a yoot is, but I never heard of a galoot. Is that a phrase only known in cheezeland? Please educate me.
    Happy thanksgiving to you guy's too!
    JJ

Aha, got ya on that one eh? Well here ya go. In my new effort to revive seldom heard phrases I resurected galoot. Probably haven't heard that in a month of sundays, dagnabit.

Galoot" is a fine old word, meaning, according to the new Random House Compact Unabridged Dictionary, "an awkward, eccentric or foolish person," although "galoot" is usually only applied to men. Perhaps it's the influence of movies and books (I seem to vaguely remember John Wayne saying, "Ya big galoot" in some horse opera or another, and the term occurs in the Western novels of Louis L'Amour), but "galoot" has taken on the added connotation of "big dumb fellow" in the popular vernacular, so it's unlikely you'll hear "galoot" applied to a woman.

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL from us Chigger Galoots!!

Happy Thanksgiving from the Texas Galoots!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody and have a safe holiday, Brad

Happy Turkey day to you guys too!! Sorry it's a bit late but I had to cook, eat, and then run to work yesterday so time was limited!! hopefully everyone had their fill and enjoyed the time spent with their families!!