All the lakes around the Eagle River Area are still open and the muskie bite continues. Shallow lakes like Muskellunge are about 36 to 37 degrees. Kentuck is 38 to 39 degrees. The Eagle River Chain is 39 to 40 degrees, and the Three Lakes Chain is 41 degrees. North Twin has the ciscoes in spawning right now so that is about 42 degrees. Lac Vieux Desert is 35 degrees and getting ready to close up.

Unless something unforseen happens there will be a good amount of open water all the way to November 30th, the last day of the musky season. Those of you hunting deer and want to go musky fishing, Guides Choice Pro Shop still has some good suckers and will all the way to the end of the musky season.

I've had mixed reports of musky in deep water and musky on the first break. Some are still being caught on perch colored minnow baits in 9 to 10 feet on the Eagle River and Three Lakes Chain. The good news as there is still some artificial action during the day.

Well I have had to put the boat away and get busy in the office, a sad day for me. Sunday was my last day of guiding. We had action from 4 muskies on Planting Ground Lake on the Three Lakes Chain in a snow storm. The largest fish was caught on a small Ernie on a figure eight. Trevis caught his first muskie ever. It was a big fat 41 incher that fought hard. The larger muskie that follow the bait didn't strike, just turned off.

Sport Shows are coming fast and there is alot of preparation. I will be heading to Flippin Arkansas for the annual product knowledge tour at the Ranger Boat factory. Looking forward to it, 25 years with Ranger, where did the time go?

Oh well, if you are of the mind to head up one more time for that last musky outing of the year, the lakes are open and the muskies are waiting!

Ranger Rick