www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Eagle River Musky Report

Default Eagle River Musky Report

A couple days behind but here's what I saw over the weekend. Not much has changed. Water temps in the mid 30's and fish being active in very short concentrated windows. Fished the afternoon on Sunday with the Oates brothers. No action at all until just as we were losing light. Sucker rig went off and Jim got a successful shot at putting a musky in the boat. Once the fish was photographed and released he had two more fish take a shot at his crankbait. First one came out of the water and appeared to be a dandy but threw the hooks. Second fish never showed himself but charged the boat and managed to get enough slack line to come unbuttoned. Too bad but at least Jim got to see what I was talking about in "windows of opportunity". All this action took place in a half hour time period. I suspect this is what we're going to be seeing till the end of the season. Just means you have to keep on your toes and be ready when the fish start going. It may be your only shot of the day. Here's the photo of Jim Oates of Chesterton, Indiana. Fish measured out at 34" dead on. Nice and chunky too. Oh and yes, it was snowing like crazy when that fish was caught.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jim Oates musky 002.JPG 
Views:	248 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	12132  

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Great scene Pete!!! And congrats to the angler!!!

Mark

Thanks Mark. Don't even want to try to play "guess that location". We were happy but cold and just wanted to get the shot and fish back in the water. No point trying to hide where it was, ain't nobody fishing there now anyways.

www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Would love to play "guess the spot", but there is too much snow in the pic for me to adequately see the shoreline!!!

But it truly is a nice picture as the subject is light well enough in the low light that all is seen. My biggest frustration looking at photos on the net and it is great to see all of them, is that so many times the subject is nothing more than a silhouette or the picture is so washed out that there is no color or detail. Enough on that, ooohhh topic for the winter on the RFRG Radio show.

Mark

Pete, I know that spot. It's about five miles from N 45. 57.000 / W 89. 14.000. Yes, I remember it. It was by that one birch tree that was leaning towards the pine tree that was by the road. Do you remember showing me?
    JJ

No Jay Jay, it was closer to the rock near the weasel den.

www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Fished 2 small lakes today. 33 on one and 36 on the other. Shallows are iced over. Caught one 36" on a medium sucker. The $9 jumbos went untouched