www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky (not deer) hunting

Default Musky (not deer) hunting

Just wondering if it is a good idea to bring my boat along during deer season (because I prefer to fish). I doubt the flowage will freeze over, but I've definitely had to break through some ice on the rivers this time of year. And its difficult to keep it open if it gets down there at night.

Is there a place to launch a boat on the main water (East side) that is open this time of year? Willing to pay to launch. Deerfoot?

Deerfoot or Deer Run are the two best I'd guess unless you go all the way down to the winter dam launch.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

I too am planning on heading up for musky hunting. Wolf pack in the area we are in and we have not seen a deer in a few years. Thinking of hitting either Upper Eau Claire, Namekagon or the Chip. Anyone know water temps or if there is ice on any of these?

Any recent patterns? Depth? Suckers? Bulldawgs? Don't have to be specific but anything will help. Thanks.

Pretty sure I'll get out there on friday, but I threw the tip ups and spud bar in the boat just in case....

There will be some ice on the Chip in some areas but the big lakes will be open like Round Lake and Lac Courte Oreilles.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Any idea on who has suckers right now?

I bought the last 3 in the tank at Pastikas yesterday afternoon (although they might be getting a few more??). Winter gas stations zero suckers. Rollie and Helen's in Minocqua has a lot of little ones if you come from that direction. Jenks was closed when I went past yesterday.

I'm heading out there in another hour. Don't know how long I'll last out there... That wind is cold.