www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 11/08/10 Fishing Report

Default 11/08/10 Fishing Report

Walleye and Crappie action is still hot, We are still catching fish in the shallower water on the Chain, deeper water on the natural lakes. Musky action is hot too. We have been fishing the deep breaks with large plastic, weighted jerk baits, cranks and live bait. Fish are really getting aggressive as the water temps fall. I had 38 surface temps on the Chain.

The attached fish 46" was caught 11/6/10 on the Phillips Chain, It hit a sucker that was hanging just out of sight over the side of the boat after the fish followed a Pounder Bulldawg to the boat.

Good Luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	12051  
    Ross's Sport Shop & Fishing Guide Service
    John Carlson

Web Site: http://www.rosssportshop.com

John:

Nice fish!!! Was west of your area chasing grouse yesterday and the hunting was very satisfying. Managed to put up some birds and get a couple in the bag!!!

Mark

I have been hearing some good things about the grouse, I have been having too good of luck fishing to even look for birds.
    Ross's Sport Shop & Fishing Guide Service
    John Carlson

Web Site: http://www.rosssportshop.com

John:

That's the only problem with having young, or even older bird dogs... Now's the time to run them. My old one had a ball!!! My young one was with all fall last year @ 4 - 6 months, but my time this summer has been limited and thus my need to keep working with her. She stays nice and close, is not gun shy, just hasn't connected with the bird scent on the ground and the rest of the action. I may be hunting in your neck of the woods every Sunday til the season ends to continue to consistently get her on more birds. Perhaps one of those Sunday's where I don't have to scramble out there and back, we can stop by and see if you are in the house!!!

Mark