I little while back, WCCO news ran a very one sided, un-researched, negative story about the proposal to stock muskies in The Sauk River "Horseshoe" Chain.

Well, apparently another news channel is going to air a negative story about muskie stocking. Channel 5 KSTP It will be on at 10:00pm tomorrow (Thursday) night.
This is the work of our supposedly "neutral" lake association president. I guess he thinks he's a tv star now.
Ominous phrases and negative wording are being used and it appears the overall point of the story is that ALL of the locals are against it and most of the support is somehow coming from out of state anglers.... more lies being spread by the lake assc. president!
I suggest everyone watch the story and contact them via www.kstp.com to let them know there's a lot of us that support the proposal.
Bob McNaney is the reporter working on this story. If you go to their web page, you'll see a "contact us" heading. Under that, go to "news teams". You'll find links to e-mail each of the reporters. I suggest also contacting the News Director and Assistant News Director.
bmcnaney@kstp.com
lradford@kstp.com
jmason@kstp.com

It might be helpful to contact them BEFORE the story runs as well. Maybe supplying some input will change their coverage a little. Several of us are working on getting them some legitimate information and maybe even getting an interview.

Here are some stats on the public input: Good news!
After removing duplicate comments and splitting comments up for each lake, there were 24,989 comments for the over-all input on all five proposed waters!
90% were MN residents
90% held a valid fishing license
86% supported muskie stocking!

More bad news- Larry Hosch, who said he'll work to stop muskie stocking, was re-elected to State House Representative.