www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 3 @ the Ford

Default 3 @ the Ford

3 'eyes at the Ford tonight...24",25", and 29". Weighed the 29 @ 9 lbs. The fish aren't biting all that great, but they sure look well fed! Fish came from 18-26 FOW trolling cranks. Very rough water out there tonight; my back feels like someone beat me with a baseball bat. There were no other boats out for the full moon at the Ford? Did anyone else night fish anywhere else?

Was out with a friend on upper bay yesterday afternoon, came in about the time the south wind picked up. There were 2's and 3's coming into Gladstone, I can't imagine what it was like down south there. We talked it over and decided mother nature would be rendering a major *as beating.

Glad you got some fish. Might try it tonight.
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

i went out october 23 8 am, east side of upper bay and worked a jig and a minow following 30 ft of water landed a 28" 26" and three 20" eys in about 3 hours of fishing. it was a nice calm day for vertical jigging.

Got out early this morning, the bite only lasted about 45 minutes, but I was able to capitalize and boat 5. Big reef runners, muffin, naked muffin, lights out. 17fow. Tutti frutti took a hit as well. I'm not so sure color had anything to do with it, they were hitting anything in the water for a brief time. Fished a while longer and couldn't buy another hit.
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

Thumbs up Doo Fighter

Hey Gary I saw you going through the light in on 30th. st. 1st thing to say nice rig. 2nd I work with yer buddy Gabe. 3rd nice job on a limit first one Ive heard of lately on cranks. When you say big reef runners do you mean the new rediculously big ones or the old large ones? Also I dont mean to pry but what kind of speed were you runnin em cus Ive been gettin skunked lately runnin 1.4-1.8

Thanks for the help
    Jerkbait

jb, thanks. usually run them 1.7 or so, yesterday a shade faster worked well, 1.8-1.9. Regular 800 series (deep diving) RR. Say hi to Gabe for me.
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

Default help

thanks for the info I'll run em a bit faster after hurricane toivo passes. But this weather may drop water temps so will have to wait n see.

Jerkbait