Well, good news is that Mother Nature started to cooperate and we got some cold weather. This has made most of the St. Louis open to foot travel. There's still some shipping activity going on so use caution when out in the harbor and lower river areas. The walleye bite has been great, lake fish are already here in the river and hungry. Mornings and evening like usual are the key to getting into a good numbers of fish. Size has been good, most fish are from 15"-24" with a few bigger females making their way on the ice. (have to download pic I'll have some soon) As for the Pouts most of them have moved out of the spawning areas and are on their way back out to the lake. We'll pick up a few here and there but my guiding focus has now switched to the walleyes.
Jigs like rattl'in flyers, buckshot rattle spoons and jigging raps tipped with a minnow head have been taking fish. The dead rods also have been getting some action.
If anyone is interested I have openings in the mornings and evenings, I have clam thermal shacks, vexliars, heaters, rods, and bait for two people for $150.

Pete Brzezinski
(715)574-1813