www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Oct 23 Fishing Report

Talking Oct 23 Fishing Report

Hi folks

The weather is getting cold and the fishing’s getting HOT ! Water Temps have been dropping with the arrival of some cool temperatures. I’ve been finding about 48.6 to be pretty common. This next week should see a much quicker decline as it is predicting rain and high’s in the mid-40’s for the entire week and Halloween weekend. Now while this will make for some uncomfortable conditions, the FISH should just Love It ! Fishing already has been getting better all the time. Muskies are on an excellent bite and the walleyes have been pretty solid.

Today is the first day of crummy weather that we’ve seen this month, and it already showed as we were catching walleyes from 4 to 10 lbs. I’ve been fishing walleyes in water depths ranging from 18 to 22 feet and finding them on rocky structure and in cribs. Jig-and-minnow combinations have been working best right now. Another thing – presentation must be kept very slow, and I’ve been having my best luck on calm, still days.

MUSKY fishing has been outstanding as of late. We’ve been catching multiple fish daily now – even with the nice weather that has been here. Now that storm fronts have moved in, I anticipate some of the best musky fishing of the season to take place this week. Suckers have been the ticket when it comes to producing. Lures are running a distant 2nd right now. We’ve been concentrating our efforts in and around weed beds and rocky points. 8 to 14 feet seems to be prime for me. Be advised, if you’re traveling up to the area to musky fish – SUCKERS ARE IN SHORT SUPPLY. As of this posting, I am not aware of any shop that has any, and they don’t get many when they do, so bring your own if you can.

Good luck fishing. Jeff Winters
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bob.JPG 
Views:	297 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	11925  
    Jeff's Guide Service
    Jeff Winters

Web Site: http://www.jeffsguideservice.com
    E-Mail:jeffwintersguide@gmail.com
    Phone: 715-385-9313