www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Deer Hunting 2010?

Default Deer Hunting 2010?

Herbie,
    Hows the hunting going so far if you have even started. Can't wait to get up there and chase those deer. See you in a couple weeks.

Thanks,
    Matt Percival

Default herbie

just got done fishing last week,closing up camp,getting boats/docks out,
    we don't start slinging lead till oct 30.the guys have been out this last week and a half setting and moving stands,scouting,baiting,etc.things are looking pretty good for this time of the season actually a bit ahead of most years as far as seeing bucks moving around in daylight,sign,etc.
    looking forward to seeing ya.never know if you slay one early maybe we can get out a day on the water,we'll see what the weather is like and whats going on. still got some fire left in me,only got to fish 3 days the last week and only a couple the week before had to keep the boys on staff busy,koeshalls got a couple 50's and some mid to 47" fish,i had a 50,49,47,44,42,42,40 with sol,don had a 46",leo had a 46 and a 6-7 40-44" only had 12 in camp as we extended it a week from previous years and were full the week previous.
    herbie
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

Default Last weeks of camp

Herbie, how is the camp doing, you done fishing?? Any big deer yet.

Tony

Default herbie

last couple weeks of fishing was up and down but good.
    bill got a 49,50.5,51.5 and some low to mid 40's fish,koeshalls got 2 over 50 a 48 and some low to mid 40's fish,spencer got 9 in 4 days 40-48,hernandez guys got 4 over 50 and 17 total for the week,sol had 6 fish with a 49 and 50 biggest,dan had a 46,my buddys out on the island i know got 2 over 50 and a bunch of low-mid/upper 40's,these are just off the top of my head there were others caught too sorry if you don't see your name guys ,i'm been up at 4;30 running till 8;00pm last week or so and my fading memory ain't what it used to be.
    deer hunts started sun,so far sun-tues noon we got 6 outa 11 down with a 161 1/2 12 the biggest another high 140's.others were 8-11 pointers in the 115-135 range but all but 2 of the 11 here have hunted with us 5-7 years now and some are very picky and some good bucks had thier lucky day but maybe not later in the week if they show again.
    everyone is seeing deer and bucks daily. the rut has not really kicked into high gear yet,some younger bucks getting frisky and chasing around a bit but generally it looks like it will be a good season. tons of 2 1/2 year olds coming for the next 2-4 seasons, it should be awesome.
    Last edited by Steve Herbeck; 11-02-2010 at 04:12 PM.
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Default Hot Bait?

Double post

Default Hot Baits?

What's been the hot baits to end the year? Cranks,Jerkbaits,or Suckers? Any trolling ?

Default herbie

mostly pounders,gramas/jakes,and livebaits
    we typically do probably 90% casting however some are starting to try more fall trolling with success mostly bouncing rocks and points
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Default update

the 2nd week we went 9 for 9 despite 60 degree weather.
    145 10 pointer, 140-145 12 pointer(didn't get to run a tape as the hunter took off right away because of the heat and he wanted to take the deer home whole),150 10 pointer,187 13 pointer,and 5 8-9's 120's,all these guys were done except for one 1st and 2nd day.
    3rd week started today,weather is cooler,winds lite,should be a decent week.
    i haven't been able to get out much hunting myself just 3 times for 2-3 hrs,to busy with hunters,year end taxes,closing camp,etc but this am. heading back to camp caught a nice buck crossing the road into some crown land with a doe so i burned down to a side logging rd about 200 yds down and got in about 70 yds and rattled him in with in 2 minutes, a nice heavy,chocolate horned mature 10.
    will get some pics up soon as we get done
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck