www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Wingra launch closing?

Default Wingra launch closing?

I heard a rumor the launch on Wingra is closing this week for the rest of the year so they can fix the concrete.
    Anyone know if that's true?
    The concrete does need work...

Default re:wingra launch

Mike,

I just talked with Parks Dept., a press release is going out today or tomorrow. I was told the launch will be intermittenly closed the rest of the season. The pier will be pulled and a silt fence installed along the shore per DNR requirements. Parks will try to keep the launch open pending work on the shore area, but it may that you'll have to drive up and check to see if you can launch.

Eric

I have asked Dave aka Waldo to have that park person email me with the information about this. When I get that info I will post here and have a report in the newsletter.

If you can get by without a pier and can launch in shallow water you can always use the landing by the zoo.
    Gerard

This was forwarded to me from Tim Simonson at the WDNR and he got it from Laura Whitmore from the City of Madison..

Beginning October 19, the Wingra Park boat launch pier will be removed. Beginning Monday, morning October 25 the boat launch will be closed periodically for the next three weeks in order for construction of a concrete abutment and boat launch asphalt patching.

Regular updates of openings/closings will be posted on the Madison Parks website. http://www.cityofmadison.com/parks/boatPark.html

Construction is anticipated to be completed by November 19, 2010. The pier will be reinstalled the spring of 2011 per the regular pier installation schedule. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience during this park improvement project.
    Gerard