www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: October 11th report

Default October 11th report

The day started out terrible. No suckers to drag around. All of Hayward was out of suckers. I drove around looking for some and made some calls but nothing available. I told the guys that almost all of the muskies lately were on suckers and they could cancel if they wanted but we went out. I kind of felt bad even going out but it was a nice day and I've had these guys out a few times before. We managed one 34 incher on a Bulldawg and had one other follow. We quit early so they could get an early start driving. I'm not going to sugar coat it and tell them that we were going to have a great day muskie fishing. Truth be told, I'm surprised we saw what we did. I really felt bad even taking them out but they were great repeat clients and we still had fun. We even did a little pike fishing in the afternoon. I really think we could have crushed the fish if we had suckers. Frustrating!
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Ty i know the rod i used was 8'6 but was it extra heavy and what was the name of the reel and line i used. We had a good time on the water. Like I said to you, you will get another chance to get us that musky next fall. Just make sure you stock up on suckers!!

jon

Hey Ty,
    Do you foresee this as an ongoing shortage or just a one-time supply problem? I know years past have been pretty tough and hope this fall is not a repeat of them. Don't take them all as I will be up in about one week.

I'll give you a call. Thanks.

Ty:

Have you been letting the suckers 'free swim' or ar they on some type of float?

Also: I was at Gander Mountain in Eau Claire last night and they have a tank full of 10-12" suckers-easily 80-100. I'm coming up to the Chip early Friday as we do not have school.
    Paul

Default Season Problem

Dave:

Its been some time since we have had this type of sucker problem. Apparently all of the high water is making trapping them difficult. At the rate the water is falling up here, I gotta believe that this is going to be difficult year in getting them.

Mark

I'm not sure what is going on with the sucker supply up here. I think it's just a poor distribution thing more than anything. I don't know what will happen the rest of the year. We'll see.

Paul, I have been letting the suckers free swim with a couple rubbercore weights attached to the leader. The 10-12 inch suckers are probably a little small but if that's all you can get then by all means use them.

Jon, the rod is an 8'6" extra heavy Thorne Brothers Legend Tournament rod. The reel was a Shimano Curado 300 with 80# Cortland Masterbraid. Not the normal client rod and reel when you check out the price of the setup but for you Jon...............anything.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Wow, wish i could use a set up like that. Ty had me using a Snoopy rod and reel. I felt lucky he didn't have me throwing baits with the Barbie rod.

Ray

Razor, for as much as you bitch and moan I am surprised Ty didn't kick you in the ass and throw you overboard!

Ty, for Christmas I will expect that set up in the mail! Best cowgirl rod/reel I have ever used. Handles down baby!!!!!

- Fidler

We were up on saturday and stopped at Jenk's around 1 pm and he only had 5 big suckers left. He said he ordered 250 but only got 100 and said all the other bait stores in Hayward had the same problem. We lost a real nice one on a sucker and had pretty good action with them but when we went back for more on sunday he only had 3 small ones left. They were even too small for the clip & go rigs so we had to use quick strike rigs. We did manage a 42" fatty on a warlock that my buddy bought sunday but our best action was on suckers. I really like the clip & go rigs they work great. DaveO

Razor that is all you need to use (Snoopy or Barbie)with the horse shoe you have implanted in you. Plus seeing as how you are Ty and Rachel's "special little guy" I highly dought Ty let you down with what you were using.
    Good lcuk the rest of the season to everyone.