www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Consolidated Musky Club's stocking

Default Consolidated Musky Club's stocking

On October 7, 2010 the Consolidated Musky Club place 100 muskies into the Wisconsin River. We were joined by our local DNR team to mark the jaws of these fish. The video will show how the process works and why they mark the fish.

A big “thank you” goes out to the local club for all the hard work in keep our waters stocked with muskies. Nice job guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ergx8i-zTmE
    Forciers Fishing Guide Service
    Todd Forcier

E-Mail forciermusky@gmail.com
    Web Site: https://forcierfishing.com

Hey Todd,

I attached some additional photos that show the muskellunge marking (visible implant elastomer) in more detail. The photos are from a muskellunge stocked in the Big Rib River in 2007. One photo is under normal lighting and the other is under a black light.

Garrett
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0136.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	11904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0141.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	11905  

It was nice to get some fish stocked into the wisconsin Rapids pool. Even though we had had record river flows and water levels a week earlier, followed by extremely low conditions for dam repairs, I was comitted to stocking this stretch, being our 'home' club water. I had ordered 300 fish, but we were only able to procure 100 for the stocking. Though I was sick the day of the stocking, I was able to attend Todds stocking of fish from the same hatchery, which were some of the largest/healthiest fingerlings I've seen.

With that said, we just ordered $7,000.00 worth of Leech Lake(Mississippi River Strain) Muskies, to be stocked into Petenwell flowage. These fish will be stocked at the Jim Freeman memorial landing, also in remembrance of him. We have not secured a date for this stocking, but I will post when we get it locked in, as an invite for all to attend.

As a side note, I've been told and have been shown a few photos of Leechers from previous stockings(we've stocked twice now, in 4 years), one of which was a healthy 38" fish from this spring. so.. there are definately a few of them showing up, and no doubt some have now crested the 40" mark. Let's hope they reproduce, and add to the enjoyment for all who fish the mighty Pete!!

Thanks again to club member Todd for taking my place at the stocking, and for taking video of the event.

Also, anyone looking for info on joining the club or attending one of our yearly events/outings, please feel free to drop an email, and I'll send a yearly agenda and membership form($5.00 per year).

Jason Schillinger
    Consolidated Musky Club, Inc.
    muskyj@wctc.net