www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report 10-12-10

Default Fishing Report 10-12-10

Holy cow has the weather been beautiful the last few days or what.. It has warmed up the water just a little from mid 60's to upper 60's maybe 70 in a spot or two.. The weeds are great all over the lake and loaded with fish.. For the last several days it has been a evening bite for me.. The mornings have produced follows but the evenings have produced biters.. The fish are still shallow and on weed edges.. Remember the weeds you see on the surface are NOT the weeds where the fish are coming from!! I set up where my baits land 10 or 15 feet short because there are weeds out in front of those that are not exposed yet.. So make sure you watch that or you will run your boat over the fish.. 75% of my action has been coming on figure 8's.. Just like I stated before usually after a complete 8 starting into the second they appear.. So make sure you pay attention to that even though the water is clear they are still hard to pick up if they are not right dead behind the bait.. My guide client Ward Begley scored with a fatty over the weekend with a nice 51 1/2 on a Cowgirl.. Ward hired me 5 days last week and I had moved that fish earlier in the week so when he got here I set up camp with him and we never saw that fish but Ward stuck with it on his own and finally got her to move to right way.. Congrats Ward!! The bait choices have not changed..
    Crash's Landing Muskie Outfitters and Guide Post
    Justin Mullins

Web Site: http://www.crashslanding.com

I ran out of room.. The bait choices still are Cowgirls, Medussa, Top Water, and I'm still moving fish on long arm spinnerbaits.. When it was cooler last week I was starting to get a good prop style top water bite but with the warm up it has turned into a buzz bait bite now.. The evening bite for me has been the last hour which is classic and the morning window for me seeing fish has been right at day light.. The weather this week looks awesome we have had steady weather now for days with this rain coming and temp drop LOOK OUT there will be some really big fish caught from now through the weekend.. I can't get over how good this fall has been I have 64 in my boat since Sept 5 and we are just now getting into prime big fish time.. Remember really watch at the boat.. It should be time for stalkers any day too.. Good luck this week and I will see you on the pond!!

Our Bluegrass Fishing Rods will be in this week.. My demo's are killer really good rod and sharp too.. Make sure you check them out.. Also another order of Medussa will be in by Thursday.. My little white custom didn't last 4 days last week.. Got several of different colors coming in..
    Crash's Landing Muskie Outfitters and Guide Post
    Justin Mullins

Web Site: http://www.crashslanding.com