www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Rough Water Topwater???

Default Rough Water Topwater???

Didn't think it could happen but the tail blade came out of my Lo-rider last night so obviously I'll have to replace the bait! ;-)
    What would you guys recommend for a topwater lure that will run well in rougher water. The Lo-rider seemed to do the job but I'm wondering if there is a newer, louder lure you would recommend?

Lee Lures Tidal Wave. Check the Lee Lures website. It's the same bait but the quality is way better. I have a lot of hours and fish on mine and it's still running.

Lee's is a good one. Several others come to mind: Super Topraider, Ty Sennet's Pacemaker, Ducktail Thunderduck, and BS Willy Globe should all work well for you in a chop.

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Default RFRG Outdoors

I'm a big Globe bait fan in choppy water...

Lee Lures Tidal Wave and Lee Lures Water Chopper. The Tidal Wave is similar to the LowRider as Sam said. The Water Chopper is a tailbait, but it can handle rough water very well. All Lee Lures are amazing in chop actually. Quality is top notch as well.

Have to agree that Lee does an absolutely great job on his lures. Also a fanatic on tuning the darn things properly. You wouldn't go wrong with one of his baits. Just be careful to get a Lee Lure and not a Lelure. (made in China and questionable quality...sorry but it's true)

www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Default Rough water topwater

First to Matt re: Globes- I use a B.S. Willy globe in Black and White that I wouldn't sell for $1000.00 (well, ok, maybe a $1000.00) What a great lure!

Sam & Pete- re:Lee Lure's Tidal Wave- I went to Lee's website Tuesday A.M. and ordered a Green Flame Tidal Wave. No kidding it was in my mail box Wednesday P.M.!!! That, I believe, is what you call customer service! WOW!!!

I'll be trying it out Sat. A.M. on the Sugar Camp chain to see if it works! Talk about a well-built lure! The thing looks like it should have weld joints and rivets in it. Can't wait!

Thanks for your input.

Let us know how you do on Sugar Camp. Was out there Friday. Half day muskies and half day "other". See my latest report. 10-4 on the good service from Lee. He's always very prompt getting product to the Musky Shop too.

www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Pete,

Spent Sat. A.M. starting before sunrise (7:00A.M.) on Dam. Fished humps and bars up to 5' using topwaters (including the Tidal Wave), bucktails, jerks (Suicks, Warlocks, Hellhounds, Hawg Teasers...), and shallow dawgs. Fished shorelines right up to the trees. Did not try the spine down the middle of the lake but there were at least four other boats fishing it with no apparent success. Fished outside edges down to 15' with spinners (slow rolling), Baby Depth Raiders, and Bulldawgs.

Found lot's of healthy green weeds everywhere we went. Water temp pretty consistent at 53 degrees. Fished in the wind ("The wind is your friend!") and in the relative calm. NOTHING! ZERO! NADA! Not even a "Looker"! The highlight of the morning was the excellent sandwich I had for lunch at Knockers. Very disappointing. Don't know how anyone else did but there were 8-10 boats out muskie fishing when we left for Boom Lake at 1:30 P.M.

re: Tidal Wave- It seems that the fixed-portion of the body was just loose enough that it pinched the back blade so it wouldn't spin. Once we figured out the problem the thing worked like a champ but if you have one and the back blade doesn't seem to spin try pushing the body as far up as it will go. I would just stop every once in a while and readjust it. I'm planning on getting touch with Lee after the season to see what can be done about it.

re: Tidal Wave problem-
    I know I said I was going to contact Lee after the season regarding the loose body/ pinched back blade problem. Well I e-mailed him at his website late Monday and explained the problem, he e-mailed back to me Monday night, and in the mail today was a brand new Tidal Wave!!!

Wish the government worked that well!!!

Lee Lures- absolutely what customer service should be!!!

It's hard to beat Lee and Lee Lures. You won't find may people as nice and helpful as him.