www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Rough Water Topwater???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rough Water Topwater???

Didn't think it could happen but the tail blade came out of my Lo-rider last night so obviously I'll have to replace the bait! ;-)
    What would you guys recommend for a topwater lure that will run well in rougher water. The Lo-rider seemed to do the job but I'm wondering if there is a newer, louder lure you would recommend?

Lee Lures Tidal Wave. Check the Lee Lures website. It's the same bait but the quality is way better. I have a lot of hours and fish on mine and it's still running.

Lee's is a good one. Several others come to mind: Super Topraider, Ty Sennet's Pacemaker, Ducktail Thunderduck, and BS Willy Globe should all work well for you in a chop.

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Default RFRG Outdoors

I'm a big Globe bait fan in choppy water...

Lee Lures Tidal Wave and Lee Lures Water Chopper. The Tidal Wave is similar to the LowRider as Sam said. The Water Chopper is a tailbait, but it can handle rough water very well. All Lee Lures are amazing in chop actually. Quality is top notch as well.

Have to agree that Lee does an absolutely great job on his lures. Also a fanatic on tuning the darn things properly. You wouldn't go wrong with one of his baits. Just be careful to get a Lee Lure and not a Lelure. (made in China and questionable quality...sorry but it's true)

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Default Rough water topwater

First to Matt re: Globes- I use a B.S. Willy globe in Black and White that I wouldn't sell for $1000.00 (well, ok, maybe a $1000.00) What a great lure!

Sam & Pete- re:Lee Lure's Tidal Wave- I went to Lee's website Tuesday A.M. and ordered a Green Flame Tidal Wave. No kidding it was in my mail box Wednesday P.M.!!! That, I believe, is what you call customer service! WOW!!!

I'll be trying it out Sat. A.M. on the Sugar Camp chain to see if it works! Talk about a well-built lure! The thing looks like it should have weld joints and rivets in it. Can't wait!

Thanks for your input.