www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Pulling Piers

Default Pulling Piers

They are starting to pull piers so if you are planning on using the public boat launches in N. Wisconsin it is a good idea to wear some knee boots. I think they pull the ones that seem to freeze first. The launches that are in shallow and protected from the wind that is. Water temps rose from 55-57 from last weekend. One deep clear lake was close to 58 when I got off at 11. Minnows were thick along shallow coontail but not much biting for me.

JimL:

This time of year knee boots or hippers & a long rope are standard operating procedure. Got to fish for the first time since August and moved nothing. I was on a deep clear and had 62* on the north end and 60* most every where else yesterday. I sweated and got a sunburn!!!

Talked to a friend who moved nothing on Sat. and this a.m. he had moved 7 with one 35" in the net. Last week he boated 6 had 6 more on and saw another dozen. I didn't get a chance to listen to the RFRG'ers and they had their info weekend; I heard they fought hard to get anything going.

Mark

With this warm up, you gotta think was the fish like...I think they like to go extra shallow....been back from Canada for two days and had to jump right into guiding without any scouting...fished Sun and Mon so far and either boated fish or lost fish each day on lures....until it cools, suckers are just a decoration...GO SHALLOW YOUNG MAN....GO SHALLOW...
    Rob Manthei Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.robmanthei.com

http://www.stgermainlodge.com

oh wily sooth saying guide friend... I was fishing in 10' and less, looking for green weeds, are you fishing five and less??? Also was exploring a new lake west of town. I feel better that I was as shallow as I was throwing cowgirls, suicks and cranes... My only regret is that I probably should have picked a dark water lake as the cloud cover wasn't a good as it could have been.

Mark

Rob, If you have loons in the area will they scare the muskies away? I fished a coontail edge on Sunday that was loaded with baitfish in 5-8 feet but 2 loons also found the buffet to their liking. I didn't mark much deeper or have any action shallow.