www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Moose Lake

Default Moose Lake

Ty or anybody else for that matter:

I got some friends coming up to fish Moose tomorrow through Sunday. Any suggestions for baits to throw while drifting suckers??? I suggested to him weighted 9" Suicks in perch and sucker, hellhounds, pacemakers/tallywackers and bucktails in the green/black combo.

Also most in our area near Minocqua are finding green weed oriented fish shallow to deep edge. Never fished Moose and am aware of a lot of wood in it, but are there areas of weeds available???

Mark

Default Moose

There is a lot of wood, so perhaps un weighted jerkbait is better to avoid hanging on stumps and such. Have a lure retriever is a good idea there also to claim lures back from the wood that do dig in into wood. It saved a couple lures for me this summer Not many weeds to speak of at least while I am there.

I tend to use bucktails mainly in brown/orange combinations with copper or brass blades. I also like to use the old foolers (pre polywood) in orange perch. I am not sure of the temps but if you can still get action on top water, I have had best success with a wisher type lure but also like to throw a lee lure, both in black.

esox67