It was a cold and windy weekend until the sun had been out for a while on Sunday. Little nuisance showers rolled through every 30-45 minutes for most of Saturday just to keep things entertaining. Couldn't find any muskies, but caught some nice perch and a few rock bass from the Baraboo cribs using a variety of small plastics. After spending much of Satuday afternoon doing that, I found some walleyes on the sonar as I was puttering across the basin - they were on the downwind edge, stacked up on the bottom in 30-35 feet. I didn't have any minnows, had some nice perch for dinner, and didn't have enough feeling left in my fingers to want to tie on a heavier jig and give the Gulp a try. Fishing should improve over the next few days with the warmer weather.

A neighbor told me several nice muskies, including a 51", were caught last weekend around the rock bars near Fisherman's Landing.

Water level is just below full pool at about -.2 feet and surface temperatures were 51-53 degrees. Things are still stirred up a little and the water is very dark, but visibility wasn't as bad as I expected, and in some areas it was already starting to clear up nicely.

Fall color was a little past peak around the lake, but Flowage Road was beautiful on Sunday. I posted some pictures in the album. West of Park Falls many of the trees were already bare, and it was past peak to about Barron, where it started getting colorful again.

Here's a cool screen shot from Townline - a couple cribs surrounded by clouds of baitfish.