www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: MinnKota PowerDrive v2 (70 lb.)

Default MinnKota PowerDrive v2 (70 lb.)

Does anyone use the MK PowerDrive v2 trolling motor? Any reviews, positive or negative? We currently have a MinnKota that is going on its tenth or eleventh season, so I am pretty much sold on that brand.

However, I would love any perspectives. Looking to get one with the Universal Sonar, iPilot and AutoPilot -- any thoughts on whether these are worth the extra $$$.

Thanks,

Dave Hardy

I have tried several trolling motors on my Tuffy Esox Mag over the last 10 years and the MinnKota Terrova is far and away the best. Spend a little bit more to get the higher thrust, mine is 85 I believe, and 24 volt system. On windy days the extra thrust and battery life will make you happy you did. You know what they say, bigger is better

I forgot to mention Gary also fishes as hard as Corey does so ask him but I see he chimed in already. Corey and Gary fish the way you guys do Dave so their word is about as good as it gets.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

If it were me I'd buy the unit that will allow you to follow depth contours. Money well spent.

But I'm not Ty or Corey so don't listen to me......

I don't think they make those anymore. Motor guide used to make those but stopped production on them.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Cool. Thanks for the insight. I will give the Terrova a look.

Default i-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hardy View Post
    Does anyone use the MK PowerDrive v2 trolling motor? Any reviews, positive or negative? We currently have a MinnKota that is going on its tenth or eleventh season, so I am pretty much sold on that brand.

However, I would love any perspectives. Looking to get one with the Universal Sonar, iPilot and AutoPilot -- any thoughts on whether these are worth the extra $$$.

Thanks,

Dave Hardy
    Dave,
    I sold my MK 55 autopilot that I had for 10 years still worked good. Bought 70lb. power drive with I pilot. I love the I pilot but its not been without its problems. at times it refuses to steer , head locks up. I have to push the steer button while holding the head then it starts working right..
    The best thing I like about it is the anchor mode. works great even in a strong wind 20+ mph. I hope it lasts through this weekend then in for warranty works
    steve