Paul,

I talked to several people who fished this weekend and the overall consensus was that it was TOUGH. Muskies were scattered and very negative. With high skies forecasted for the week, you might have to work for ‘em (not that they’re ever easy!)
I would be prepared to fish shallow, deep, and in-between with live bait and artificials. Live bait might save the day more than once this week. I think the wind should be good, so drifting quick-striked suckers should be a breeze. Don’t be afraid to stop and Rollie and Helen’s for your bait, they talk to muskie anglers throughout the day and might have current updates as the week goes on.
As for artificials, spinnerbaits, suicks, double 10 bucktails, bulldawgs, cranks should all work. From the inconsistency of the bite this weekend I would start shallow and move deep. Topwater might still be good too, our favorites are walk-the-dawg types as well as tailbaits like a pacemaker or rumbler.
If it is real slow, don’t overlook the night bite right now, especially the 2 hours after sunset.
Big cranks along weed lines and grinding hard-bottomed humps can be real good too. I have a feeling live bait might be your best bet this week.
As you can tell, there hasn’t been a real stand-out pattern that is working right now. Don’t be afraid to experiment, and if you have the means, get of the chain if it is dead. Best of luck and let us know how you do.

JS