www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sept 25th report

Default Sept 25th report

Sorry for the lapse of reports...but it's been busy.

Muskies are getting real active....weed edges, thick weeds, and inside edges are the best area to concentrate on right now....typical pre-turnover.

Suicks, Cowgirls, Large spinnerbaits, and of course quick-striked suckers are producing for me.....water temps are right around 59 to 61 on most lakes...that will change over the next few days.

During yesterday's hurricane, we boated 4 muskies to 40" on combos of livebait and casting...fish were definitely in the wind!

Walleyes are biting pretty consistant on redtails on steep breaks of sand/gravel and mud flats....I found very active fish the other day in 42' of water...best depths are 18 to 25 with shallower movements right before dark.

Use the lightest jig possible and liphook a redtail. Look for walleyes to move into the deeper holes of any lake soon....just as the crappies will....

Fall colors are looking good and we aren't having a shortage of rain!

good luck!

Rob
    Rob Manthei Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.robmanthei.com

http://www.stgermainlodge.com

Thumbs up

Thought I'd shoot a report since Rob was emceeing the tourney and didn't get out.
    Fished 4 different lakes this weekend. 2 were in the process of turning, one was done and clear and the other mixed some more after its' initial turn 2 weeks ago. Water temps. were within a degree of 55 on all 4. Lakes varied in size from 250-750 acres. We got 39 and 44 " muskies on quick strike suckers and had another one wrap around a log. 1 was on a weed edge the other off a mid lake rock bar. 2 follows on lures. Had sleet , snow and rain most of Saturday.
    One suggestion, I see a lot of guys just drifting aimlessly with the wind. If the wind is strong and your suckers are being dragged, point your bow into the wind and slow your drift by tuning your trolling motor on and off. You can follow the weedline that way by moving back and forth while slipping with the wind. Learned that technique from Ken.

Default Postal1

Jim L is that technique legal?

Position fishing, you can't drag them but if you keep lines vertical it is just like vertical jigging.