www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Yesterday's rain

Default Yesterday's rain

We're heading up there this afternoon and I was wondering how much rain fell on the TFF yesterday. Also, how's the walleye fishing been? Not much has been posted regarding the walleye fishing since Don Pemble decided to take a well deserved break.

Don,
    I look at the Weather Channel montly forecast for Mercer http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USWI0444 it gives the "observed" readings, looks like .96" yesterday.
    HRG

Default Check Park Falls, too...

The precipitation amounts reported for Mercer on Weather.com were suspiciously low during many of the major rainstorms this summer, leading me to think there might be a problem with what I'm guessing is an automated monitoring station. Park Falls is showing a hair under 2" for the last 2 days.

USGS real-time data shows the Manitowish is up a foot this week and flow has more than doubled from 150 cfm to nearly 350cfm, and Rest Lake is up 2" in spite of that. The Bear River is up 7" since yesterday - with that kind of increased inflow in combination with strong northerly winds sucking cold air down behind the low, the TFF is going to be a real mess this weekend.

Default yesterday and todays rain

I do not know about the actual flowage but park falls did get around 3 inches of rain. It has been off and on rain as of right now also. Either way I am heading to the flowage tomorrow to try for musky and walleyes and can hopefully post a fish catching report!

Default TFF Rain

The rain gauge at my place near Springstead Landing showed just shy of 4.5"
    of rain for the 24 hour period ending at noon today.

Tight Lines,

Tom502