www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: The Start of the Fall Musky Season -- My time of year!!

Default The Start of the Fall Musky Season -- My time of year!!

Yes once again I am few and far between reports but the last week has started with the Fall Musky Season. I am all ready for the next two months of "Battling the Beast" ending in CPR. I started last week with a little prefishing and here is what you are finding. Many lakes a week to 10 days ago went into bloom at the change of air temps. We have lost our warm days to mild days and night dropping into the 40's, some nights even producing heavy frost. Those lakes that bloomed early ar now clearing up, even those lakes that are clearing are pending wind conditions. If you fish the windward side you will see heavy green surface matter, but if you go to the leeward side you will find clear water.

More and heavy rain in the forecast, will be an issue; with down state flooding expect to see some water held in our area so you will see rising water. I suggest fishing shallower water when it is rising. Next week warmer weather will return and the high waters and rising temps should keep baitfish shallow and the big ones.

Took out my first guest yesterday under the Fall patterns, we raise 5 muskies and boated one. Jim is a returning guest with me and batting 100 as two days last year he got one each day and his wife fished one day and she got one. Yesterday we kept the streak going as Jim got this really nice 44 incher and was my first sucker fish of the season. Fish fought and came to the boat with another musky right at his side and was bigger. Nice going Jim... Look at that big head!

If you are interested in that trophy time of the year we have just crossed the threshold, with good weather I hope to fish for two more months. GIVE ME A CALL!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jim 9-22 44 inches 450.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	11628  
    Have Rod Will Travel Fishing Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.haverodwilltravel.com

Going to the Chamberlin Narrows area 9/26 thru 10/1. Need bait and bait color tips from someone who has been there.

Thanks
    Mark