www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fall muskies

Default Fall muskies

Had a pair of 45" fish this weekend, right in the middle of the afternoon on Sunday. Both fish were even on the same sucker, althought first one got off right at the side of the boat. I guess you could call that a successful release. Check out the pics of the 2" gashes on one side, plus the 1-1/2" gashes on the other. After the clicker went nuts on the first fish, we set the hook (at least we thought we did), and pulled him all the way to the boat where he got off just before the net. Since it was the only sucker we had, we threw him back out and an hour later caught this hog. This time we made sure the hook was set. Both fish were the same size, although the first fish might have been a little larger across his back. Pretty sucessful fishing for the few hours we were out, and it was my dad's fist big fish (even though it got off).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09837.JPG 
Views:	500 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	11813   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09839.JPG 
Views:	562 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	11814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09843.JPG 
Views:	486 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	11815   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09836.JPG 
Views:	464 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	11816  

Thumbs up Incredible!!

I was reading about your perceived lack of respect after posting this story and the pics, and just wanted to give you your props...

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Nice fish. Congratulations.

Scott
    www.flambeauvista.com

Beautiful fish. I read in another post it's tough to find suckers. Did you have any trouble? Where did you get yours?

Default suckers

vspeedster - thanks, and I bought our suckers right in Mercer at Jerry's, but both he and the Turtle River Trading Co had them when we were up there. Otherwise, I've also bought them at Rollie & Helen's on the way up. Not sure who has them now, but maybe you should just call them first.

Default It's not for me, but...

For people coming from the west, the BP in Winter always seems to have suckers, including large ones.

I hear that R&H just got in a decent number of suckers. It also seems they heard that most bait shops were able to get what they wanted this trip from the bait dealers. I just saw that Ross's in Phillips get a bunch in and my friends at R&H are still warning to call ahead.

Mark