Yesterday I had Dale and Allen from out west with me. We had a three fish day, with both guys catching their first muskies. Allen got a 34 incher at boatside on a figure eight, it hammered his twitchbait just moments after Dale lost one on a figure eight, might have been the same fish, might not have been too. We had lots of other follows but no more biters so we changed lakes early in the afternoon. On the second lake Dale caught a 34incher of his own on a quick strike rigged sucker just minutes into our first spot. On our next spot Allen scored again with a chunky looking 30 incher on a twitchbait to finish out the day. It was a great day of musky fishing with great guests.
Water temps have fallen to around 60 on most of the lakes I've been on, I did see 57 on one lake Monday, that was a tough, cold windy day though. We've been getting most of our action on Big Game Twitchbaits, rubbertailed minnowbaits and Suzy Suckers. About half of our fish are now coming on quick strike rigged suckers too.
Good luck and good fishing,
Jim Stroede
715-635-7927