C C Attack by a huge Muskie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day last week while I was crappie fishing at C C with my wife we saw a huge fish come up and roll over. It was bright silver like and was huge and it disappeared just as fast.
Today we were fishing that same spot for crappie and as I dead sticked it to the bottom I had a good tap and set the hook. We were in 22 fow with lots of struture right on the bottom and I tried to get the fish up quick but it got hung up in the brush. The more I pulled, the more the fish pulled back. I told my wife I would love to see the fish because he felt like he had some size to him. We continued the sea saw back and forth making no headway at all but the fish was still pulling so hard.
I used the trolling motor to move the boat around thinking maybe at a duifferent angle I could get it free. I continued to struggle with the fish pulling so hard it was stripping line off and the reel cluth was screaming for it's life and the fish almost pulled the rod out of my hands.
All of a sudden it came free and just as my crappie came to the top this huge muskie jumped and rolled over on the top of the water. It was huge and looked like the same fish we saw last week. I would say this fish is in the 25 to 30 lb class and must be about 3 to 4 foot long. The poor 91/2" crappie was dead and was full of teeth marks all over it. The size of the bite would give you an idea of how big he is. It was the thrill of a life time and scared the "you know what" out of my wife as she saw it all.
I would say this is his hunting grounds and I hope some one gets him soon before he eats all of those big crappies there . lol
I think what happened was as the crappie got hung in the structure the muskie grabbed it and he was pulling as I was pulling and we were going back and forth untill it got untangled and that is when he let it go and jumped out of the water and rolled over. It was a thrill anyway

Read more: http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/commu...#ixzz10KqCeVzt