I appologize for my lack of updates recently. I was able to spend some time out in Wyoming on an archery antelope hunt. That is some awsome country, if you have never been west you have to go at least once. I was unsucessful in my hunt but I saw several huge bull elk and several very nice mule deer while hunting. I passed up a small buck and did miss a decent buck at about 30 yds. I am not sure what happened, maybe a touch of buck fever, but I saw a ton of animals. All in all a great exerience, successful or not.
As for the fishing things are picking up. My last post it was hot and wet. Water temps were in the mid 80's. Well fall is settling in and last night the water temps were in the mid to lower 60's. We were walleye fishing and managed to get a nice limit on eater eyes. We fished some deeper weeds with some success in the 12-13 foot range. We tried several locations like that with the same results. We moved to some deeper rock structures in the 19-25 foot range and found more walleyes and they were much more agressive hitters. We caught them on both crawlers and fatheads with the minnows outdoing a little bit.

Musky action has been good. Some nice fish are being caught from all depths. We are seeing fish on the deep weeds and rocks both. Look for the fastest breaking shores close to good structure and you will find the muskies. With the water temp live bait will come into play as well. Also do not forget that at times when the water temps fall the muskies will make a sudden move shallow (5 foot and less). Topwater can also come into the mix. This is an exciting time to be on the water.

I will give a update in the next couple weeks regarding the bird hunting which also opens this weekend. The leaves are changing and some are already starting to fall.

Good Fishing,