www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Eagle/Lowrance Customer Service

Default Eagle/Lowrance Customer Service

This past spring i bought two eagle 642 gps/finder combos, They were on sale at Cabelas, i think like 250-280$. One for the bow and other for the console.

About 2-3 weeks ago my console units display crapped the bed, so i pulled out my old fishelite 480 to limp throught. Made an account online for the warrenty repair... sent it out I pay for shipping.

I got the unit back monday, that blew my mind! I thought for sure i would be out at least another 2-4 weeks. I did not have to pay for shipping! Here is the wildest part of this whole story, they sent me a brand new Lowrance 2010 Elite-5 gps/sonar combo. Apparently it was not worth fixing my old unit, so they sent me a new one!

Side note: I tried it out yesterday, the unit is faster in the GPS than my older units. I am use to the old menue layout i like those alot, the new one i am getting frustrated with. I am sure once i get the hang of it things will be good. So far it seems like droping icons is a little more labor intensive, i still need time with it.

Also i have a RAM mount for my bow unit (i put the lowrance in the bow) and the new base does not fit the standard ram mount plate, that sucks.

Overall, i am very pleased with the whole outcome. I would have liked to get a phone call to discuse options, and what they were planning to do. SO FAR things are good. This post was an FYI for anyone who is looking at finders and wonders about CS, thats my review of Eagle/Lowrance

I use the Ram mounts a lot on all sorts of things. My bow unit is a Lowrance M68C. I had an old Ram mount laying around that was used for an older unit from a previous boat. The holes didn't line up at all, so I just rotated the plate and drilled new holes. No problems at all.

The new base of the Elite series the holes if centered on the ram mount plate are not even on the plate. So if i were slide the lowrance mount either foward or backward the best i can do is two of the 4 holes to hit the ram mounting plate. The bolt pattern of the lowrance bracket is in a square, while everything else in the world is a rectangle.

Did that make sence? I will at work make an adapter plate, it was an inconvience that i did not anticipate.

Adapter plate sounds like the way to go. You're lucky you have the ability to make one at work. Plus... there's the whole manly feeling you'll have once it's done. You can tell everyone you MADE it work!!
    It seems like I always have a "work in progress" in my shop. I just finished up a rod rack for my rig. I was going to build a bump board next, but then opted to go the way Red did and just pulled out the sharpie and a speed square! When they say "permenant" marker... they're not kidding.