www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: St. Louis River PMTT Event

Default St. Louis River PMTT Event

Aaron Templin and I fished the 2010 PMTT Qualifier on the St. Louis River this past weekend. Interesting fishery, with both good numbers and size available but it is a challenge to fish due to the heavy grass and weed cover. We needed at least one bite to secure the Championship Event in October on Lake Minnetonka. I caught a smaller musky while pre-fishing, and Aaron had a mid-forties pound a Pacemaker topwater on Thursday night (he didn't set the hooks to burn the fish). We headed out early Saturday morning and I had our first legal musky by 7:40am on a Topraider. Aaron then caught a big walleye (yes, a walleye!!!) on a Pacemaker surface bait which was truly a first for me. I couldn't believe it! We saw a really big one porpoise right near the boat but couldn't get her to show herself again. We knew we needed another good bite to cash a check, as we were sitting in or around 17th place after Day One. On Sunday, I had one shot as a nice fish waked me to the boat, but due to all of the grass and squiggly weeds on the river, my Topraider was fouled up and the fish blew off of it at boat side.

We didn't cash a check, but we punched our ticket to Tonka in October which is great. I have enclosed some pictures of the harbor, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01092-web.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	11567   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01093-web.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	11568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01081-web.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	11569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01084-web.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	11570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01086-web.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	11571  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01089-web.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	11572  
    Tom Dietz Outdoors
    Web Site: http://www.tomdietz.com