www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: coming up on the 18th

Default coming up on the 18th

I cannot wait to be up at Leech Lake this coming Saturday, and for the whole next week. We will be staying at Lake Benedict, where we have stayed for the last 10 years. We are usually up there every fall, the 2nd week of September, but this year, we are coming up the a little later. Hoping for some fishing reports before we come up. I usually get as far as Goose island, and sometimes a little futher into the big lake, I just do not want to go out too late. By the way. Last year caught a 28 eye right in Benedict.

Anyone out there, let us know where the eyes are biting, what you might be using. We will also be going after of some of the jumbos.

Steve

two weekends ago, the water temps started to drop and I saw a small change in the walleye bite for the better. This past weekend the bite was in fact starting up again on my fall fishing spots. (sand flats of goose, and some popular wind blown points on the main lake. Im skipping this up coming weekend but will also be back up over the 24th. I expect the jig to be working in full force by then. It should be good. Perfect timing!

Default flw event

There is also the big FLW championship on Leech September 22-25

Default Walleyes and Perch

Water temps are near 60 degrees. The walleyes are moving shallow on the big lake. Perch fishing remains strong throughout the system with sorting a good meal is a snap. Jigs and minnows are now the best presentation. Fatheads for perch and larger minnows for the walleyes.

The walleye tournament contestants will be moving around the lake looking for the best pattern. Observing there locations and presentations will be important to your success. This is the championship so there will not be a large field, 40 boats I believe.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com